[alsa-devel] Issue with hda_intel on i7+Z97 chipset

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Tue Oct 28 21:57:25 CET 2014

Hi,

Firstly, I hope this is a suitable way to report this issue.  I am using
Debian/Wheezy on a reasonably recent i7 based system which has a Z97
motherboard chipset.

In Windows, sound is perfect, but in Linux it's very crackly (direct through
alsa) and if I bring pulseaudio into the mix then it reports buffer/interrupt
issues on the microphone along the lines of:

Oct 19 16:03:33 listless pulseaudio[3780]: [alsa-source] alsa-source.c: ALSA woke us up to read new data from the device, but there was actually nothing to read!
Oct 19 16:03:33 listless pulseaudio[3780]: [alsa-source] alsa-source.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_hda_intel'. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
Oct 19 16:03:33 listless pulseaudio[3780]: [alsa-source] alsa-source.c: We were woken up with POLLIN set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.