[alsa-devel] Customizing simple audio card?

Max Filippov jcmvbkbc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:15:52 CET 2014

Hi Kuninori,

Thanks for your reply.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 3:56 AM, Kuninori Morimoto
<kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com> wrote:
> Current simple-card already has mclk_fs support on hw_param.

Thought some more about it, indeed I can change my I2S master driver to just use
constant factor to derive MCLK frequency from the requested sample rate.

> So, we can add similar method ?
> Below is my idea. priv->xxx is new option here.

Hardcoding it seemed a bit awkward to me as well as providing full lookup table
to map sample rate to MCLK frequency in the device tree. So I'll stick with the
mclk_fs feature for now.

--
Thanks.
-- Max