[alsa-devel] Help with wm8731 support for the Utilite (imx6q)

Jonathan Bennett jbscience87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:32:24 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Jonathan Bennett
> <jbscience87 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  BRILLIANT!!!
> > We've got sound. Thank you for the answer.
>
> Good job :-)
>
> > Questions:
> > First, what is the best way to set that to on by default? I know "alsactl
> > store wm8731audio" Makes it survive reboots. On a fresh install, though,
> > that should probably default to on.
> >
> > Second: I would love to see support for this get mainlined. Should I go
> back
> > and try to get simple-audio-card working, or stick with the compulab glue
> > driver?
>
> Yes, please try implementing simple-audio-card support.

Applying what I've learned back to the simple-audio-card, I can get a
muffled pop in the headphones, like something is powering up. That's about
it. When playing to the card, things think they play fine, but no real
audio. I've checked volume levels, and also used Valentin's hint.

Sound bits from dts:

       sound {
                compatible = "simple-audio-card";
                simple-audio-card,model = "wm8731-audio";
                simple-audio-card,format = "i2s";
                simple-audio-card,audio-routing =
                        "Line Out", "LOUT",
                        "Line Out", "ROUT",