[alsa-devel] Alsa-lib 32-bit on 64-bit machine

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 20:12:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've tried to find info or examples of this on the web, but to no avail.

What is the recommended way to build Alsa-lib on a 64-bit machine to create
the additional alternative 32-bit libraries for compatibility with 32-bit
applications?

The original distro (in this case a Suse Enterprise) has them, but standard
'./configure make install' only builds the 64-bit variants.  I only succeeded
by explicitly adding CFLAGS, and wondered if it should work using configure
options, or another way?  I'm also not sure exactly which flags should be set
with that method (m32, march=i686 others?).  Does anyone know how it is done
in the Suse builds?

Thanks,

Alan