[alsa-devel] Serial MIDI driver for PL011 - as found on BCM2835 hardware

Kim Taylor kim.taylor4 at live.vu.edu.au
Tue Oct 21 01:30:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've written a driver for raw MIDI using the PL011. It is obviously
based on the snd-serial-u16550 module, with a couple of improvements:

 - I've implemented a drain() callback.

 - I've also implemented a half duplex mode based on a timer callback
which was necessary for reliable communication with my eMagic Unitor 8
hardware. (Testing with a serial link to other hardware shows that the
full duplex mode is also working.)

It can be found here:
https://github.com/kmtaylor/rpi_patches/blob/master/serial-pl011.c

If you think it should be included in the ALSA repository, please let me
know what to do next.

Regards,

Kim