[alsa-devel] Help with wm8731 support for the Utilite (imx6q)

Jonathan Bennett jbscience87 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:57:07 CEST 2014

Hey, I'm working with a compulab utilite, trying to get everything working
with 3.17, with the eventual goal of getting better support for it
upstream. Currently fighting the sound. It's a imx6q talking to a wm8731
over i2c/i2s.
I am booting Fedora 21 arm Alpha, with my own dtb (
http://pastebin.com/4a4PBKwx) and driver (http://pastebin.com/1CsesuVV)

It shows up in aplay -l, but trying to play anything to it gives me a div
by 0 in a driver:  [<c04f27e4>] (Ldiv0) from [<bf50512c>]
(fsl_ssi_hw_params+0x194/0x364 [snd_soc_fsl_ssi]) This div0 happens in
sound/soc/fsl/fsl_ssi.c, in the function fsl_ssi_set_bclk.

My driver file is an almost direct copy of what compulab shipped with a
3.10 kernel. This is my first attempt at kernel hacking, so any help would
be appreciated.

~Jonathan Bennett