[alsa-devel] Cards that support ADPCM in hardware

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:40:35 CEST 2014

Hello.

Due to the "remove support for old hardware" topic that is going to be
discussed at the Linux Plumbers Conference, let me see if there is
actually any supported hardware that supports ADPCM.

A quick grep for ADPCM in the sound directory yields this:

./isa/wss/wss_lib.c: ISA, Windows sound system
./isa/sb/sb16_{main,csp}.c: ISA, classic SB16 card
./oss/ad1848.c: Another ISA card, OSS-only
./sh/aica.c: for SEGA Dreamcast console
./sparc/cs4231.c: I don't know about this

Is any of the hardware listed above still used (or usable) with the
current kernels?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov