[alsa-devel] Blackmagic card used in Linux, cause static white noise, but no noise when OSX 10.9.4 and Windows 8.1 is used.

Shamun Toha Md shamun at companysocia.com
Mon Oct 13 12:01:02 CEST 2014

Dear Experts,

I am using more then 3 years Blackmagic Intensity pro PCI-Express capture
card with Linux, Mac OSX, Windows operating system.
While using the card with Linux OS (Ubuntu 11, 12, 13, 14.04) and
Blackmagic latest drivers i have constantly this white static noise when i
use minijack microphones. But when i use external USB XLR microphone it get
resolved.

With same hardware when i use Windows 8.1 OS (not Linux), with same
Blackmagic card, same microphone, same PC i have not a single white static
noise which i noticed while using Linux.

Same issue i simulated with OSX 10.9.4 and Windows 8.1, where i do not have
white static noise, but Linux when used with Blackmagic intensity pro then
there is this constant white static noise.

I had this problem about 3 years now, and still no solution unless i move
to Windows 8.1 or OSX.

Please kindly advise.

Thank you
/Sha