[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sun Oct 12 13:21:57 CEST 2014

Dear Clemens,

Many thanks for your helpful response!

> Allow me to present the current implementation:
>
> int snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time(const snd_pcm_hw_params_t *params, unsigned int *val, int *dir)
> {
>         *val = 0;
>         return 0;
> }

LOL! Good idea to look at the code, sorry I didnd't have it myself!

> What is the engine trying to do with this value?

Looking at the code more closely, it uses the val argument in a printf
before writing something else into it and does not use the dir arguemnt
at all, so I guess the call can be simply removed but I'm double checking
with the other developers of theengine.

Thanks for your help!

Shérab.