[alsa-devel] Audio Mini-Summit info updates

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Sat Oct 11 17:30:18 CEST 2014

At Sat, 11 Oct 2014 18:49:14 +0530,
Vinod Koul wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:46:59PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > some information updates about Audio Mini-Summit:
> >
> > * Venue
> >
> > we'll have the room 110 for our meeting in Dusseldorf Congress
> > Center.  The LPC web page shows the map:
> >   http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/directions-and-transportation/
> >
> > * Schedule
> >
> > The room will be open from 8:30AM, so I think we can start at 9:00AM,
> > if there is no objection.  The registration for LPC is open at
> > 8:00AM.
> >
> > Dylan has a talk for ELCE at 12:15PM:; should we put the UCM discussion
> > afternoon or better done in morning before?
>
> Also can we club topics so that we have some sense of flow and continuty in
> the discussions...

Yes, I added the Category field in the topic list, so that we can sort
and assign to the time slots.  Please check my classification is
correct for each topic.

> > * Pre/post-meeting events
> >
> > I added new fields in the attendee list for dinners on Monday and/or
> > Tuesday.  Please update by yourselves. (URL see below)
> Was about to ask about it :) I added Hotel where folks are staying to help
> coordinate dinners.

It's a good idea.  Updated my field.

> > The restaurants aren't decided yet at all, I'm looking for it.  Are German
> > restaurants interesting in general?  It's usually not the best choice for
> > Vegetarian, though.  I have been at Dusseldorf only once, so have little
> > idea.  If you have a recommendation or a suggestion, it'd be appreciated!
> Yes places with veg options please.

Is baked potato with salads OK for you?  The lack of vegetarian foods
is the shortcoming of German restaurants.  OTOH, they are local
brewers, so good for beer drinkers :)

If more vegetarian options are preferred, we can look for Italian or
other international cuisine.  Or even Japanese restaurants.
Dusseldorf is known to be "little Tokyo" in Germany, and there are
really lots of Sushi and others.