[alsa-devel] Help Adjusting HDA HDMI settings

bencoxdev at gmail.com bencoxdev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:29:26 CEST 2014

Hi All,
        I need to change the of an ALSA driver on a proprietary arm linux box. Specifically the box in its standard configuration is hard coded to have 2 channel audio output only. The hardware on the box I’m assured by the manufacturer is capable of surround 5.1 output on it’s HDMI port. I therefore need to increase the ALSA driver’s capabilities to handle surround 5.1 output. I have the kernel source code for box.

    Could someone point me in the direction of what would need changing/adding in order to achieve this please.

Thanks
Ben