[alsa-devel] proposal: snd_pcm_start_at()

Tim Cussins timcussins at eml.cc
Wed Oct 8 18:09:04 CEST 2014

On 08/10/14 16:29, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 8 Oct 2014 15:18:32 +0100,
> Mark Brown wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 11:45:57AM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>>
>>> I think some synchronized triggering mechanism is missing in API, too.
>>> There has been a similar request from others in the past (Digigram
>>> wanted to have such a feature), so maybe it's not so uncommon
>>> scenario.
>>
>> Yes, I've had people ask me about this too, mainly around getting
>> multiple DSP streams synchronized.  It was a while ago and a bit edge
>> casey though.
>
> OK, I added it to the topic list of audio mini-summit.
> Let's see whether we can talk something about this.

Awesome. There's a couple of things I can do here:

1) Post my ideas for selecting/controlling VCO associated with PCM _soon_
2) Come over on Tuesday and join the mini summit
3) Both!

I'm pretty new to ALSA, so I can only realistically contribute to the
scheduled stream trigger discussion, although the Configuration/ASoC
stuff will be relevant to my crowd too.

If no-one has a major objection to a rep from the ALSA-newbie community,
I'll see if I can come over :)

Either way, I'll post my VCO ideas to the list ASAP.

Cheers,
Tim