[alsa-devel] Fwd: Re: No sound for a rather old laptop (ALC260).

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 26 18:05:25 CEST 2014

At Mon, 26 May 2014 18:00:09 +0200,
Fidel Leon Martin wrote:

> > > /etc/modprobe.d/alc260.conf:
> > > options snd-hda-intel model=nofixup
> > >
> > > Rebooted but seems to make little difference. Cranked every slider from
> > > Alsamixer an pavucontrol to maximum. No output from speakers and a very
> > > low
> > > volume output in the S/PDIF output.
> > >
> > > And now, to increase my dumb reputation, I'm not running 3.14 kernel
> > > (neither Fedora) anymore - I'm using Lubuntu 14.04 - so I'm attaching
> > > alsa-info.sh log for new setup.
> >
> > You're testing the speaker output, right?  What about the headphone
> > output?
>
> It doesn't work either, not even a whisper. Already checked volume levels from
> alsamixer and pavucontrol, they are at maximum.

Try to avoid PulseAudio at this moment in order to simplify the test.

And, test the headphone without model option, too.  With nofixup model
option, the COEF setup is skipped, and this might influence on the
audio output.

If nothing helps, you need to play with hda_analyzer what pin actually
corresponds to which output.  Start with the old kernel, run
hda_analyzer and try to disable each pin by clearing the pin control.
The node 0x0f seems like the primary output pin, but I'm not sure
whether this corresponds to both speaker and headphone outputs.