[alsa-devel] [ALC1150] combined with Intel H97/Z97

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu May 22 12:33:42 CEST 2014

At Wed, 21 May 2014 20:08:45 +0200,
Arthur Borsboom wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Another user and I are having sound issues (noise, repeating, skipping)
> with the ALC1150.
> I have the feeling it is related to the new Intel H97/Z97 chipset on our
> motherboard.
>
> Does anybody know about other issues in relation to this chipset?

Could you give a bit more details of the problem?
Also, alsa-info.sh output is always good to have.  (Attach the
compressed file to avoid the max length of ML posts.)

There can be many causes for strange playbacks.  If it's a static
noise, it's often from the analog loopback.  If it happens during the
stream playback, mostly either the missing irqs, the wrong buffer
position, or coherency/snooping issue.