[alsa-devel] Set eapd to follow stream on or off

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu May 22 08:59:03 CEST 2014

At Thu, 22 May 2014 14:26:04 +0800,
Kailang wrote:

> >> Update as attach.
> >> Thanks.
> >
> > Well, do you really want to turn off EAPD at closing the stream?
>
> Yes.
>
> > As I repeatedly explained, this results in more frequent EAPD on/off,
> > i.e. more pop noises.
> >

> I have sent the patch for HP.
> I will wait for feedback from customer.

Did you send the test script, too?

> If it is solve the issue, I will advise you.
>
> Our AE says, windows use this method. HP is agree this usage.

Windows does this likely because of possible power saving, not because
of pop noises.

I'm fine to take the patch, but only when I'm convinced why it really
fixes the pop noise problem in the scenario below:
- playing a silent stream
- frequent open / close a stream

Takashi