[alsa-devel] [BUG]ABit aa8xe sound card not selected

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 04:30:31 CEST 2014

> i tried to force the install one of olds kernel like 3.12 but ubuntu
crash on start. removed the 3.12 i reinstall the 3.13 same identical
problem (no audio).
> tried to install the lastest development kernel but not solve my problem.
>
> For the detailed ALC880 config pins , I reveived this by Raimond on
ubuntu-launchpad (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1319291 ) but I
dont know how to apply the fix that you have sayd me, sorry. Can you send
me a link for a guide that could help me?

> Maybe I have to modify the config file into
/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/init_pin_configs folder ? tried with root but is
impossible to save.

http://voices.canonical.com/david.henningsson/2012/07/13/top-five-wrong-ways-to-fix-your-audio/

When your BIOS does not setup pin default for all pin comples

The only way you get your alc880 work is to edit
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and add the following line if your
motherboard have six audio jacks and digital out at rear panel

options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-digout

or

options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-automute

If your computer chassis have a hda front audio panel which support jack
detection

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c?id=67b6ec3196da235317ff1b9474f17379b78f3294

>> ALC880_FIXUP_6ST_BASE] = {
>> + .type = ALC_FIXUP_PINS,
>> + .v.pins = (const struct alc_pincfg[]) {
>> + { 0x14, 0x01014010 }, /* front */
>> + { 0x15, 0x01016412 }, /* surr */
>> + { 0x16, 0x01011411 }, /* CLFE */
>> + { 0x17, 0x01012414 }, /* side */
>> + { 0x18, 0x01a19c30 }, /* mic-in */
>> + { 0x19, 0x02a19c40 }, /* front-mic */
>> + { 0x1a, 0x01813031 }, /* line-in */
>> + { 0x1b, 0x0121411f }, /* HP */
>>
>> HP in ALC880_FIXUP_6ST_BASE explicitly disable jack detection ,
>>
>> Do you need a new model which support headphone automute speaker with
digital output since 6stack-automute does not have digital ouput ?

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c?id=5397145f4faeabbb7937ac784f734b06b20ed921

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/hda_auto_parser.c?id=9b7564a64999597844513604df4a206fa4da3b69

>> Do you mean the driver still does not provide any warning message when
all your pins are ignored by the driver ?