[alsa-devel] Set eapd to follow stream on or off

Kailang kailang at realtek.com
Wed May 21 07:58:14 CEST 2014

> At Tue, 20 May 2014 18:05:42 +0800,
> Kailang wrote:

>> > So, doing EAPD on/off often is rather worse.  It's what your patch
>> > does.
>> >
>> > Once again: did you try the script above?  If the pop noise always
>>
>> I had try it on my develop machine. I have no HP issue machine on my
>> site.
>>
>> > happens, the operation like above is the worst scenario.
>> >
>> > Then, let's think again how to *reduce* it.  We need one EAPD on at
>> > least after each power up.  But it's needed only when you actually
>> > plays a stream.  That is, we need only enable EAPD at playback stream
>> > open, but leave EAPD as is at close.
>> >

>> [we need only enable EAPD at playback stream open, but leave EAPD as is
>> at
>> close.]
>> Yes.
>> So, I need to create eapd low in alc269_shutup. Right?
>
> Better to create own shutup callback (you can call alc269_shutup()
> from there, too) and set it to spec->shutup in the fixup.  The pincfg
> cleanup isn't often needed or may have bad effect.  You should test
> with real machines what are needed and what are not.

static void alc290_fixup_pop_noise(struct hda_codec *codec,
           const struct hda_fixup *fix, int action)
{
 struct alc_spec *spec = codec->spec;

 if (action == HDA_FIXUP_ACT_PRE_PROBE) {
  spec->gen.pcm_playback_hook = ALC290_playback_pcm_hook;
 }
if (action ==   HDA_FIXUP_ACT_INIT) {
  set_eapd(codec, 0x14, false);
 }
}

Could I modify as upper code?
To set eapd low in HDA_FIXUP_ACT_INIT state.
If system resume, it will initial eapd to low.
To write eapd to same value, it will have no pop noise.
It will keep always low for eapd, only stream open and close have change
state for eapd.