[alsa-devel] Sound issue in omap-twl4030

Chaitral Purkar chaitral_purkar at persistent.co.in
Fri May 9 14:19:45 CEST 2014

I wrongly configured McBSP channel. Now, I am getting an error at the end which is 'aplay: pcm_write:1710: write error: Input/output error'.
Can anybody provide some pointers in this regard.
I am copying the aplay output.
ubuntu at arm:~$ aplay -v test.wav
Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
Plug PCM: Hardware PCM card 0 'Zoom2' device 0 subdevice 0
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 2
  rate         : 44100
  exact rate   : 44100 (44100/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 27560
  period_size  : 5512
  period_time  : 124988
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 5512
  period_event : 0
  start_threshold  : 27560
  stop_threshold   : 27560
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1806172160
  appl_ptr     : 0
  hw_ptr       : 0
aplay: pcm_write:1710: write error: Input/output error

Regards,
Chaitral Purkar

DISCLAIMER