[alsa-devel] Regression Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT HD Audio Controller

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 05:09:49 CEST 2014

> I'm having an issue with " Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT HD Audio
> Controller" card which is inside the Dell XPS13 9333 developer edition
> [1].
>
> I've tried two different distributions
>
> * Arch Linux (kernel 3.14)
> Output of alsa-utlils-alsa-info.sh [2]
>
> * Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (kernel 3.13)
> Output of alsa-utlils-alsa-info.sh [3]
>
> The card behaves correctly under Ubuntu but under Arch Linux I've
> observed the following issues.
>
> - The microphone does not work correctly. In alsamixer I select
> "Internal Mic" as my capture device but when I do

how many audio jacks do your laptop have ?

/sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/init_pin_configs:
0x12 0x90a60140
0x14 0x90170110
0x15 0x0321101f
0x16 0x40000000
0x18 0x411111f0
0x19 0x411111f0
0x1a 0x411111f0
0x1b 0x411111f0
0x1d 0x40d6832d
0x1e 0x411111f0
0x1f 0x411111f0

/sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/driver_pin_configs:
0x19 0x03a1913d
0x1b 0x03a1113c

seem driver assign sequence number c and d to some of the pin to indicate
support of headset mic and headphone mic

do your laptop specification support headset, headphone or mic if your
laptop has only one jack ?

http://voices.canonical.com/david.henningsson/2014/03/07/headset-jacks-on-newer-laptops/

did the dialog popup ?

I've also tried enabling/disabling "CAPTURE" on the Capture channel at