[alsa-devel] No sound on Thinkpad T440s in Docking Station

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri May 2 10:21:56 CEST 2014

At Fri, 02 May 2014 10:16:10 +0200,
Joschi Brauchle wrote:

> On 05/02/2014 09:31 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Wed, 30 Apr 2014 19:05:24 +0200,
> > Joschi Brauchle wrote:

> >>    Hi Takashi,
> >>
> >> so i have:
> >> ------------------ /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf -------------------
> >>
> >> options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo-dock,lenovo-dock
> >> options snd slots=snd-hda-intel,snd-hda-intel
> >> # 3hqH.vsazS+ZIdb9:Intel Corporation
> >> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
> >> # u1Nb.8dI5aUgInHB:Intel Corporation
> >> alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel
> >> ------------------
> >> and rebooted, but still get no sound from the headphone jack on the
> >> dock, although the built-in speakers immediately mute when plugging in
> >> headphones.
> >
> > Give alsa-info.sh output with that state for further checking.
> >

> > Takashi
> >

> Please find alsa-info attached while docking and with
> "model=lenovo-dock,lenovo-dock" option.

Did you take alsa-info.sh output while you're plugging to the dock
headphone jack?  With the setup, it's NID 0x1b, and "Dock Headphone
Jack" control should be "true" when properly detected.

Maybe you'd be better to figure out which dock pin corresponds to
which at first.  hda-jack-retask should be your help.