[alsa-devel] Lenovo G580 mic noise when recording

Nevyan Neykov nevyanmail at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 07:21:45 CET 2014

Hello, my lenovo g580(2189, 20150) laptop is using intel hd audio conexant driver( Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 ) and experiencing lots of noise when trying to record from either external or internal microphone. If I lower mic volume / boost the voice get barely recorded. I am using this line in my alsa conf: options snd-hda-intel model=auto position_fix=2 also tried with model=asus etc..., when using position_fix=1 recording receives lots of cracking noise.
I must mention that both mics are working very well under win7/8.
Regards.