[alsa-devel] Edirol DA2496 and word clock sync

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Sat Mar 22 15:05:45 CET 2014

Hello all; I'm new to the list, and sitting playing with a pair of
Edirol DA2496 cards.

These support Word Clock synchronisation, which can be done using
S/PDIF, a 75 ohm coax cable on the breakout boxes, or with a internal
jumper cable between the PCI cards. Unfortunately neither the driver, or
Mudita24, were exposing access to the Word Clock.

I've managed to patch support into both; doing so with the 3.12.13-rt21
kernel, and mudita24-1.0.3+svn13 from the Ubuntu repositories. This is,
mostly, by treating the cards the same as the Delta1010LT.

Forgive me being so rusty with C that I've not provided a patch; going
to have to redo this and actually build proper diffs for it.

I do have a related query, about Xruns - when using an .asoundrc file to
merge the two cards into a single virtual card - is there any way to
properly suppress backend Xruns that have no impact on the actual
recorded audio?

Brian McNeil
--
Wikinewsie.org | http://wikinewsie.org | https://en.wikinews.org
"Facts don't cease to be facts, but news ceases to be news."