[alsa-devel] compress: dpcm_path_get called in wrong place

noman pouigt variksla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:52:56 CET 2014

Shouldn't  dpcm_path_get be called earlier ? I think it should be
called earlier as happens in soc-pcm file.

static int soc_compr_open_fe(struct snd_compr_stream *cstream)
{

if (dpcm_path_get(fe, stream, &list) <= 0) {
dev_dbg(fe->dev, "ASoC: %s no valid %s route\n",
fe->dai_link->name, stream ? "capture" : "playback");

In current code we open platform driver and then machine startup function
gets called. After this we check for valid path which i think should happen
earlier i.e. in the beginning of soc_compr_open_fe function.

If you agree, then i will send a patch.