[alsa-devel] About snd_dmaengine_pcm_trigger()

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 01:22:38 CET 2014

Hi Lars, Mark

> > platform  : for PIO or DMA transfer method
> > component : for DAI configuration = CPU side HW settings etc
> >
> > Is this correct ?
> >

> Yes.

Thank you

> > And about ASoC-like framework, rcar driver needs to control many kind of devices,
> > and it depends on platform which device is used.
> > (each devices have different feature)
> > So, I used ASoC-like framework, but in this case, what should I do ?
>
> Make them ASoC components ;) I don't know the hardware, but looking at the
> code it doesn't seem to be that different from other modern host side audio
> processing units. But one step at a time, first maybe try and see if you can
> switch over to using the dmaengine PCM helper functions. Then later thing
> about how this all can be better integrated into the ASoC framework.

OK, I see. will do.
I guess it needs many steps.
OTOH, in reality, I need to work for my business task too.
Thus, actually, I need to add new feature on current rcar driver.
So, My plain is...

 - send new feature patch to ML
 - work for switching to above ASoC framework

Is this acceptable ?

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto