[alsa-devel] [GIT PULL v2] Enhancement of support for Firewire devices

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Mar 5 12:09:58 CET 2014

At Wed, 05 Mar 2014 20:00:00 +0900,
Takashi Sakamoto wrote:

> Iwa-san,
>
> (Mar 5 2014 15:14), Takashi Iwai wrote:
>  > Could you submit v2 patches to ML?  The patches need review, and I
>  > want get them acked by Clemens before applying.
>
> OK. I sent patches now to this thread.
>
> (Feb 28 2014 15:36), Takashi Iwai wrote:
>  > The end-result patches must be identical, so you don't have
>  > to resend them to ML, though.
>
> I think to have misunderstood what you mean in this message.
> Did you ask me not to send patches with 'GIT PULL' because you can read
> commits in repository?

I meant that the rebased patches weren't needed to be resent, if
rebase were the only action you made.  But you fixed other things,
right?  Then each patch must be submitted again.

And, in general, I won't do git pull to my repo from github.  So, the
subject prefix '[GIT PULL]' makes no sense to me.  It's still useful
to keep the git repo for easier review, though.

> # And this mailman ignored my message again...

Relax, it's not lost.  It just takes time due to SPAM filtering or
whatever running there.

thanks,