[alsa-devel] Xonar DG backports

Roman Volkov v1ron at mail.ru
Wed Mar 5 11:30:16 CET 2014

В Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:43:42 +0100
Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> пишет:

> Hi Roman,
>
> I backporting the bugfixes in your patches to the stable kernels.
> However, I'm unable to see what was changed to enable the headphone
> outputs.  What particular thing did the old driver wrong?
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Hi Clemens,

The most important thing was to switch the capture input to the I2S
channel 1 (The patch #13). Read the CS4245 datasheet carefully:
4.11
"The MUTEC pin becomes active during power-up initialization, reset, and
muting if the MCLK2 to LRCK2 ratio is incorrect in Asynchronous Mode or
the MCLK1 to LRCK2 ratio is incorrect in Synchronous Mode, and during
power-down."

Also there was other minor fixes. I had problems when I wrote
values to the CS4245 SPI memory at the starting point (had no any
effect), and I rewrote the SPI communication functions. Was there any
bug or the CS4245 was just muted - I can't exactly recall.

--
Kind regards,
Roman Volkov,
v1ron at mail.ru