[alsa-devel] No speaker output with kernel 3.15 and later

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Sun Jun 29 16:09:56 CEST 2014

I sent Takashi an email mentioning this regression a month ago, and
it's taken me this long to send this email... :-$

Since updating to kernel versions >=3.15 I've had no audio from my
laptop speakers.  Earlier versions worked fine.

It's a CLEVO W270EUQ laptop.  The output mixer device is showing up,
but no sound comes out at any volume level.

As requested I've attached compressed alsa-info.sh output for both the
working and non-working cases.

I'm perfectly willing to test patches etc.