[alsa-devel] [RFC] Add DummyDevice property to UCM

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Thu Jun 26 12:16:30 CEST 2014

(Added Mark and Liam to CC.)

On Tue, 2014-06-24 at 12:06 -0700, Felipe Tonello wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Felipe Tonello <eu at felipetonello.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to see what you guys think about adding a DummyDevice
> > official property to a UCM device. This is very useful for users to
> > configure properly when, let's say, the PCM is a dummy device. It is a
> > common practice on embedded systems to have dummy PCMs.
> >

> ping?

Ping from me too. Felipe sent his question on my request, after we
discussed the topic on the PulseAudio mailing list. PulseAudio, and I
guess other applications too, need to handle dummy devices specially, so
it would be good to have that information in the UCM configuration file.

I'll send a patch for use-case.h.

--
Tanu