[alsa-devel] [RFC] question regarding codec DAI ops

Arnaud Pouliquen arnaud.pouliquen at st.com
Fri Jun 20 16:07:03 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have a platform with several audio IOs (DAC , HDMI...) and I2S In/out
connectors.
I'm using my codec driver but for this I2S output i used dummy codec
driver with the snd-soc-dummy-dai dai.

On platform side I have several instances of CPU DAI, and  i'm using
helpers function like snd_soc_dai_set_tdm_slot to configure associated
codec DAIs.

My issue is that these functions return error for my I2S output because
ops functions are not implemented in dummy driver.

I see 3 solutions:
- implement ops in dummy drivers ( soc-utils)
- return 0 instead of error when ops is not implemented ( soc-core)
- Add a test  in my driver on ops before calling it.

First one seems the best compromise to avoid to accumulate tests in
platform drivers.

 From your point of view, what should be best solution?

BR

Arnaud