[alsa-devel] Enable more HP machine to enable mute led

Kailang kailang at realtek.com
Wed Jun 18 05:49:40 CEST 2014

> At Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:27:31 +0800,
> Kailang wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Takashi,
>>
>> Add more HP machine to support mute led functions.
>
> Applied this now as is.  But, the table looks bigger and bigger, which
> I don't like any more.
>
> So, all these devices have no indication of mute LED in any DMI or
> whatever entries?  In the past, most of HP machines had a DMI string
> showing the mute LED capability.

HP says that was support for IDT only.
If we want to use this string, we need to discuss with their BIOS manager.
We will try to go this feature.

HP has new platform that had speaker mute led and capture mute led.
HP_MUTE_LED_P_G => DMI string was not enough field for two leds.
Do you have any idea for dmi string?

HP_MUTE_LED_P_G_G  => last G for second led for capture mute led