[alsa-devel] ALSA 1.0.28 release - Assertion failed

Sergey sergemp at mail.ru
Sat Jun 14 14:11:04 CEST 2014

Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

>   ALSA 1.0.28 packages are available for testing at
>
> ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/testing/
>
>   Please, report any issues. I expect to announce the release on Monday.

I get "Assertion failed" with plug for float data.
No patch yet. I'm still trying to understand how "plug" works.
The bug was in earlier alsa versions too. Was almost fixed by 2da7b0c2
(discussion http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/119358)

I first found it with a complex ladspa upmix config, like:
  http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4528619.html#4528619
An easy way to see the assertion:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm { type null }
    ttable.0.0 1
}
# aplay -fFLOAT_LE /dev/zero
Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Float 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
aplay: pcm_plug.c:388: snd_pcm_plug_change_channels: Assertion `snd_pcm_format_linear(slv->format)' failed.
Aborted by signal Aborted...

--
  Sergey