[alsa-devel] r8a7790 only has audio when clock is forced on

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Fri Jun 6 08:42:12 CEST 2014

Hi Morimoto-san,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Kuninori Morimoto
<kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com> wrote:

>> > See, this is why I /hate/ the implicit clock management. This is
>> > another case where we're getting bitten by it.
>
> I troubled about this ALL bit too,
> then, it become current style.
>
> One reason was that
> this driver is supporting Gen1 sound too.
> But, this SRC(ALL) didn't exist on Gen1..

This is not the only module that has a clock in R-Car Gen2, but not in Gen1.
The same is true for GPIO. There may be others...

When adding a device node to the DTS, always make sure to double check
if it has a clock, and add it.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds