[alsa-devel] Fast track Ultra external clock control in ALSA

Marcelo marcelovborro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:01:16 CEST 2014

Good Morning

I recently bought a Fast Track Ultra and I've been studying it for use on live records.

But I am stuck with the 2 spdif tracks not working on Linux.  The point is that to use then it's
necessary to set the FTU clock to external and there's no such visible option on Alsamixer.

Googling, I found an old alsa-devel topic that this question was discussed - I've emailed Felix
Homann, that asked me to post this question in the list - Thanks for the quick response! :-)

My question is:  was it implemented? If not, are there any future plan to make it work, or any
module option (or hack) to set clock to external on this board?

It seems that there are more people stuck with this problem :-/
http://heikki.ketoharju.info/2013/03/linux-and-fasttrackultra/#comment-15869

Thanks in advance!
--
Marcelo Vivan Borro