[alsa-devel] Alsa-info.sh is never released

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Jul 22 08:03:34 CEST 2014

Hi,

Since ~two years back Ubuntu ships alsa-info.sh on new installations, in
order to have bug reports that are upstream compatible.

However, alsa-info.sh seems to be a part of the alsa-driver git tree,
and the alsa-driver package is not released anymore, since we think that
is a part of the Linux kernel. As a result, alsa-info.sh is no longer
part of an upstream tarball that we can package in the usual way.

So maybe we should move alsa-info somewhere else, e g alsa-utils? What
do you think?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic