[alsa-devel] ALSA SOC Driver (mxs-wm8753)

Charles Keepax ckeepax at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Jul 18 16:28:30 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 01:02:41PM +0000, Kevin Startup wrote:
> Hi Charles
>
> Thanks very much, the pointers you gave me have helped a lot.  I have changed the reference to .codec_dai_name to "wm8753-hifi" in the mxs-wm8753.c program which has made my CPU recognise the WM8753 as a valid ALSA device!
> This makes me very happy as I have been trying to get this to happen for several weeks now!
>
> I still don't seem to be able to send sound to the device though.
> I am now receiving this message:
>
> mxs-i2c 80058000.i2c: PIO: Failed to finish WRITE cmd!
>
> This happens a dozen times or so on bootup and any time that I try to write to one of the PCM devices ....
> I wonder if you could give me any more pointers?
>
> Many Thanks
> Kevin

Looks like probably the i2c transactions are not being acked,
afraid I don't know much about the i2c driver in question so not
really sure. I assume this is the i2c link to the CODEC, so I
would check the CODECs reset lines and supplies to make sure it
has everything it needs to respond.

Thanks,
Charles