[alsa-devel] ALSA SOC Driver (mxs-wm8753)

Kevin Startup kevin at awcsl.com
Fri Jul 18 12:14:16 CEST 2014

That's great info, thanks very much.  My DT looks like this, inside sound{} I have:

compatible = "fs,imx28-tx28-wm8753", "fsl,mxs-audio-wm8753";
model = "wm8753";
saif-controllers = <&saif0 &saif1>;
audio-controllers = <&i2c0>;
audio-code = <&wm8753>;

Inside i2c0{} I have:

wm8753: wm8753 at 1a {
    Compatible = "wlf,wm8753";
    reg = <0x1a>;

I have tried changing model to "wm8753-voice" but still get the same error.

Am I changing it in the wrong place?  Or do I need another setting?

I'm very much a beginner at this DT stiff and also configuring and using sound devices so any info you can supply will be of great help.

Many Thanks
Kevin Startup
A.W. Communication Systems Ltd.
email: kevin at awcsl.com
Tel: +44(0)1697 748717
Fax: +44(0)1697 748778

A.W. Communication Systems Ltd
VAT No. GB 827 4389 00
Registered No. 4891652
Registered Office Crook Barn, The Crook, Roweltown, Carlisle, UK