[alsa-devel] USB-Audio.conf comment regarding asound.conf

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Sun Jul 6 23:31:15 CEST 2014

Hi,

USB-Audio.conf contains:

> #  DO NO EDIT; this is an internal ALSA file.
> #  If you want to add your own definitions, put them into /etc/asound.conf or
> #  ~/.asoundrc, with "cards." before the "USB-Audio", e.g.:
> #
> #  cards.USB-Audio.pcm.use_dmix."NoiseBlaster 3000" no
> #
> #  If your device requires such a definition to work correctly, please report it
> #  to <alsa-devel at alsa-project.org>.

However, snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards() will completely skip
configuration elements in cards.USB-Audio.

I was just hit with this while debugging an issue with a user. Should
users just edit /usr/share/alsa/cards/USB-Audio.conf directly until such
entries are added upstream, or should this be somehow fixed in alsa-lib
to work as instructed?

Related commits:

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=commitdiff;h=96da0c842d14b40ce8e37726b259229634b3aa21
http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=commitdiff;h=133819d420d962b6888c280352a5532da93f1a3a