[alsa-devel] Regression caused by "ASoC: core: Rework SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV add SOC_SINGLE_SX_TLV"

Brian Austin brian.austin at cirrus.com
Thu Jan 30 18:13:36 CET 2014

> I've tried again, and I confirm the problem. When the PCM is muted, I
> can only toggle it between the values 62 and 64. When the PCM is
> unmuted, I can only toggle it between the values 60 and 61.
OK, that is very odd.  I will take a look when I get a chance. I have an
L51 board, but need to do some other stuff first.

> The ugly attached patch fixes the problem for me (the patch is a
> partial revert of your patch).

Thanks! but...

         SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV("Analog Playback Volume",
                         CS42L51_AOUTA_VOL, CS42L51_AOUTB_VOL,
-                       0, 0x34, 0xE4, aout_tlv),
+                       8, 0xffffff19, 0x18, aout_tlv),
         SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV("ADC Mixer Volume",

shifting 8 on an 8bit register?

I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the feedback!

-Brian