[alsa-devel] External sound card issue

Ionica Bizau bizauionica at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 20:45:45 CET 2014

I will try them. Is this a bug in the hardware device or in the Linux driver?
If this is in the Linux driver, can this be fixed?

Cheers

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:01 PM, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:

Ionica Bizau wrote:
> $ amixer -c1 cget name='PCM Capture Source'
> numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Capture Source'
>   ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw------,values=1,items=2
>   ; Item #0 'Unit 22'
>   ; Item #1 'Unit 22'
> amixer: Control hw:1 element read error: Broken pipe

The device's firmware does not allow reading this mixer control for some
reason; this is probably a bug.

Please try the following commands:
  rmmod snd-usb-audio
  modprobe snd-usb-audio ignore_ctl_error=1

This makes the driver ignore errors, but cannot prevent the errors from
happening in the first place.  Please check if you get the desired
effect when you write this control.

Regards,

Clemens