[alsa-devel] Audio passthrough on Pandaboard using ALSA API

Maarten Baert maarten-baert at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 22:53:40 CET 2014

Your application does not handle overruns and underruns (EPIPE indicates
that either of these is happening). It also doesn't have any drift
correction, so overruns/underruns are to be expected (the sample rate of
the capture and playback stream is not guaranteed to be exactly matched).

By the way, there is a tool called 'alsaloop' (from alsa-utils) which
does exactly the same thing, but with drift correction and more options ...

Maarten Baert