[alsa-devel] Regression caused by "ASoC: core: Rework SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV add SOC_SINGLE_SX_TLV"

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Feb 17 16:16:13 CET 2014

Dear Michael Trimarchi,

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:59:35 +0100, Michael Trimarchi wrote:

> > Note that I haven't looked myself in details at the code of the audio
> > codec. I simply noticed there was a volume control problem and that
> > reverting Brian's patch made the volume control work again. I have not
> > investigated at all to fix the codec code, as I was suspecting that
> > Brian may have immediately an idea on what could be wrong. If he
> > doesn't have the time to look into this, I can certainly spend a bit of
> > time to investigate what's going on.
> >
> why you don't just use regmap and check what happen on registers?

I did have a look at the codec_reg debugfs file from ASoC, and the
values were indeed not correct, as far as I remember. But I don't have
the board powered up right now, so I'd need to set it up again to make
a more precise report of what's going on.

Thanks,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons