[alsa-devel] DSD over HDMI: audio data packetization

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Wed Dec 31 16:45:28 CET 2014

31.12.2014, 17:38, Xuebing Wang kirjoitti:
> Anssi, Libin,
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> If L-PCM audio data packetization is done by hardware, is it possible to
> implement DSD over HDMI on Intel integrated graphics? Thanks again.

I don't think so, unless:

(a) It is possible to somehow encapsulate the stream in Audio Sample
Packets and be accepted by the receiver (like e.g. AC3, DTS). I'm not
aware of such a way.

or:
(b) There is some undocumented feature in the Intel HDMI codecs allowing
the driver to switch to DSD or driver-constructed packets (instead of
ASP) in similar way as there is a way to switch to HBR packets.

--
Anssi Hannula