[alsa-devel] DSD over HDMI: audio data packetization

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 14:32:00 CET 2014

Hi Community,

I am trying to implement DSD (one bit audio) over HDMI, for Intel
integrated graphics. I am referencing HDMI specification 1.3a.

Regarding audio data packetization, I am referencing spec:
5.3.4 Audio Sample Packet
7.6 Audio Data Packetization

Q1) Would you please point to me where is the source code to handle
L-PCM audio sample packetization (to implement 5.3.4 Audio Sample
Packet)?

Q2) I admit that I did not carefully read HD-Audio specification. Is
this possible that this L-PCM audio data packetization is done by
*hardware* (e.g HDMI related widgets/pins)?

Q3) Did we implement "7.2 Audio Sample Clock Capture and Regeneration"?

Thanks.
Xuebing Wang