[alsa-devel] Regression for Lenovo X240 sound in 3.18

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at inai.de
Tue Dec 30 19:13:14 CET 2014

On Tuesday 2014-12-30 17:20, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>Ah, I see you disable the automute.  So the headphone plug shouldn't
>matter.

Changing the "Auto-Mute" control does not do anything; the system always
exhibits Automute behavior (if that's a bug, it's one which I did not
care about so far).

>Hm, then there is nothing obvious wrong there at a quick glance.
>Maybe there is an implicit fixed connection between a DAC and a pin?
>Try the patch below.

With your patch, I get a system which still has two issues
that were not there in 3.17:
 - the "Headphone" control is present but has no volume bar
 - the "PCM" control does not affect the Speaker volume