[alsa-devel] PCI: ICE1712 -- EDIROL2496DA support

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Dec 24 12:23:41 CET 2014

I've a pair of these, and seeing patches to the driver reminded me to
bring up the subject of word-clock sync.

I've managed to get the clock-sync working sometimes; either using an
inter-card jumper, or light pipe between breakout boxes. However, they
do seem to go out of sync without warning, or readily-discerned reason.

I'm far from technically clueless, but driver development is
well-outside my comfort zone. Happy to work on this off-list if someone
wants to let me know what probing/interrogation of the cards is needed.
Could - probably - sniff traffic between a Windows VM and the cards, if
given pointers; yes, even if that involves building a kernel.

--
Brian McNeil