[alsa-devel] Can not rmmod snd_hda_codec_hdmi

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:07:52 CET 2014

Hi community,

I am trying to implement the function of streaming SACD music over HDMI,
my PC is Intel Haswell based CPU (Intel i7 4770).

When I am trying to 'rmmod snd_hda_codec_hdmi', I get the prompt that
this module is in use (detailed message as below)
rmmod: ERROR: Module snd_hda_codec_hdmi is in use

Is it possible that workqueue [hd-audio] is using this kernel module
(snd_hda_codec_hdmi)?

Can I use rmmod / insmod as the way to debug this module?

Thanks.
Xuebing Wang