[alsa-devel] Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system

Ploumistos Alexandros ch02499 at cc.uoi.gr
Wed Dec 3 18:59:17 CET 2014

After a six-hour session trying different kernel versions and all of the
possible combinations in hda-jack-retask, I officially declare this as
unfixable - at least by me. At least my friend has sound in windows. I told her
to monitor this mailing list just in case someone else stumbles upon the same
problem with ALC262.

If anyone fond of riddles find themselves with a lot of time in their hands, the
description of the problem along with a ton of log files is here:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2014-October/thread.html#82749