[alsa-devel] Audio mini conference 2014?

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Tue Aug 26 10:42:20 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 08:21:38AM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> So we've set the schedule?  Mark, did you get the final confirmation?

No confirmation yet but then it was LinuxCon all last week - I'm
expecting something this week.

> FWIW, below is topics (and comments) I gathered from the thread.  Just
> edit over it and repost if anyone has an idea, correction or
> suggestion.

I don't know if it's also worth talking about mapping channels through
DAI links in ASoC - I'm not sure anyone is intending to work on it in
the immediate term so I'd suggest putting it on the end of the list as
an "if we have time" kind of thing.

> - Code removals (Takashi)
>   There have been actions to remove the codes for old hardware
>   recently.  Which is acceptable?  Feature removals, too?

Linus was muttering about ISA sound card drivers.

> - tinyUCM (Mark?, Brian?)
>   The latest Google reference designs use something which is
>   essentially tinyucm - the configuration is mostly stored in an XML
>   configuration file which is read at runtime.  It's not consistent
>   with what anyone else uses.

>   (Brian) Those must be the qcom designs. They use a “tinyucm" that is
>   xml based.

IIRC Manta was using it as well, I think it was the first device to do
so.