[alsa-devel] usb-usx2y: playback fails with Tascam US122 on kernel 3.14

Dr Nicholas J Bailey nicholas.bailey at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Aug 21 18:14:04 CEST 2014

On Thursday 21 August 2014 09:02:44 you wrote:
> At Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:50:21 +0100,
>
> Dr Nicholas J Bailey wrote:
> > So the thing is, I can't make any stock kernel work on my Debian laptop,
> > which means there aren't two points between which to bisect.
> >
> > That's all I've got time for at the moment. I'll append the notes I made
> > yesterday and today while the builds and tests were going on, just in case
> > they are any help. At least I have a kernel (3.10.11) that works for now,
> > but unless somebody who really knows what they are doing is going on the
> > case, it looks like its just a matter of time before I'll be buying a
> > whole bunch of new audio interfaces. We have at least 4 or 5 of these
> > Tascam US-122 boxes, and use them quite a lot, so I am nervously
> > fingering my wallet... :(
> Try to build 3.10.11 from linux-stable tree manually and see whether
> it works.  If yes, there must be a fix between 3.10 and 3.10.11, and
> you can bisect it easily.
>
> If the manual built 3.10.11 kernel doesn't work, it's most likely a
> kernel config issue, assuming that Debian doesn't put so many own
> kernel patches (especially for the sound stuff).
>

> Takashi

OK, I don't understand git very well. When I first cloned the kernel repo, I
did git tag -l, and I'd swear that there were only tags of the form
v<major>.<minor>(-rc[0-9]+)? but now I give the same command again I get tags
and 3.11.

I might be going mad. I know I'm tired, but this is a whole new level of
insanity!

I'll try building 3.10.11 from git and report back.

Nick/.