[alsa-devel] Audio mini conference 2014?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Aug 20 07:48:33 CEST 2014

At Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:51:09 +0530,
Vinod Koul wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 02:53:47PM -0500, Paul Handrigan wrote:
> > >Now back to topics
> > >
> > >I heard Lar's topic on componentization. Any other topics?
> >
> > I believe you mentioned Dynamic FW.  I think that would be a great topic.
> Yes thats on the list too :) Me and Liam will try to send RFCs before the
> conference. At least on my side thats next todo after current mrfld driver
> is done.
>
> We have working code atm. For the folks who want to look at early state of
> affairs, here are the trees:
> Kernel: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vkoul/sound.git dfw-3.15
> Usermode: git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/dynamic_fw.git
>
> Any other topics?

OK, I gather the topics that have been proposed so far and added a few
that bubbled up in my mind below.  Feel free to edit and repost in the
thread.

thanks,

Takashi

===

Audio Miniconf 2014 Topics

- ASoC componentization (Lars)

- Dynamic FW (Vinod)
  Me and Liam will try to send RFCs before the conference. At least on
  my side thats next todo after current mrfld driver is done.

  We have working code atm. For the folks who want to look at early
  state of affairs, here are the trees:
  Kernel: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vkoul/sound.git dfw-3.15
  Usermode: git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/dynamic_fw.git

- Effect API (yet again) (Vinod)

- More DSP support esp on PCM side (Vinod)

- Rewinding in ALSA PCM plugins (Alexander)

- Resampler quality evaluation for PulseAudio (Alexander)

- Testing / QA (Takashi)
  How people do test?  Can we have some automation?
  (IIRC, openSUSE has some automatic audio test running on VM, but I
   forgot the details...)

- ABI/API documentation (Takashi)
  We're not good at this at all, obviously.  Let's define the priority
  to start working on.

- Control names (Takashi)
  It's wild west for now, everyone picks up a random funky name.

- Code removals (Takashi)
  There have been actions to remove the codes for old hardware
  recently.  Which is acceptable?  Feature removals, too?